An oil painting of crabapple blossoms by former President Jimmy Carter received the highest bid of $750,000 during a record-setting auction during this year’s Carter Center Weekend in Annapolis.
The event, which benefits the center’s global work , raised $3,724,000 — more than twice the amount raised at any previous auction.
The 150 items in this year’s silent and live auction included fine art, vacations, presidential memorabilia, autographed guitars and sports souvenirs.
Other items that drew top bids in this year’s auction included:
- Farm table with six chairs handcrafted by Carter and other artists, $600,000
- Signed photograph of five U.S. presidents, $285,000
- John F. Mello handmade guitar, $70,000
- Hawaiian paradise vacation, $55,500
- Two Jerome Lawrence original paintings, $52,500 each
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.