The National Radio Hall of Fame has announced its inductees for the Class of 2016.
Winners were chosen in six categories, according to a Monday news release. While inductees in four categories were voted on by industry professionals, the public chose the winners in two categories – music format on-air personality and spoken word on-air personality.
Here are this year's winners:
- Active Local/Regional, 10+ years: Eric & Kathy (Eric Ferguson and Kathy Hart), WTMX – Chicago
- Longstanding Local/Regional, 20+ years: Jeff & Jer (Jeff Detrow and Jerry Cesak), KYXY – San Diego
- Active Network/Syndication, 10+ years: Steve Harvey, "The Steve Harvey Morning Show," Premiere Networks
- Longstanding Network/Syndication, 20+ years: Delilah, Premiere Networks
- Music Format On-Air Personality: Bob Kingsley, "Bob Kingsley's Country Top 40," Westwood One
- Spoken Word On-Air Personality: Michael Savage, "The Savage Nation," Westwood One
The nominating committee also decided to induct the following:
- George G. Beasley, chairman/CEO/founder of Beasley Broadcast Group Inc.
- Kidd Kraddick, national radio personality and founder of Kidd's Kids Charity
- Tony Roberts, former sportscaster and Notre Dame announcer
- Neil Rogers, late southern Florida radio personality
The induction ceremony will take place from 6-9 p.m. Nov. 17 at the Museum of Broadcast Communications in Chicago. Learn more here.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.
With the largest team in the state, the AJC reports what’s really going on with your tax dollars and your elected officials. Subscribe today. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.
Your subscription to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.