Sigh. Since Mo'Nique won't be returning as hostess of the BET Awards tonight, viewers can't look forward to the plus-sized comedian's latest, hilarious Beyoncé impersonation.
But we can still think of at least five things to look for during tonight's live broadcast from Los Angeles:
• Atlanta R&B superstar Usher's opening performance. (He recently said backstage at Hot-107.9's Birthday Bash 13 that he plans to give "the show of the show").
• How many times Atlanta singer-rapper T-Pain accepts an award, as he is the top nominee of the evening, with five. (And he should have lots of hometown company as Atlantans are in every musical category except best gospel and female hip-hop artist).
• Rapper Lil Wayne taking the stage with that ubiquitous white styrofoam cup (with something other than cough syrup concoction in it — please!)
• Whether long-rumored couple Chris Brown and Rihanna do the Beyoncé and Jay-Z thing, and sit just apart from each other to keep the gossip down.
• D.L. Hughley (hopefully) doing a better job as host than Damon Wayans!
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.