The just concluded season of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” was unusually packed with life-changing events, raw emotion and genuine conflict.
The return of Kenya Moore helped spark plenty of flames, especially from NeNe Leakes.
In summary, Eva Marcille had a baby. NeNe was rebuilding her marriage with her huband, who just overcame cancer. Porsha Williams grappled with the aftermath of her cheating fiance. Cynthia Bailey got engaged. Kandi Burruss was having a child via surrogacy. And Kenya’s marriage crumbled before our very eyes.
The pandemic caused the usual face-to-face reunion at the Biltmore in Midtown to be canceled in March. So Bravo had come up with a replacement: a virtual reunion with each lady in a different place. It starts at 8 p.m. Sunday May 10 with part two May 17 and part three on May 24.
The lack of face-to-face contact deprives host Andy Cohen and the ladies the ability to amp up the tension in the room because there is no room. And Cohen will have a harder time managing the women as they inevitably start talking over each other. Plus, if someone just leaves (see NeNe), there is no easy way to corral them back.
But, as the Hollywood cliché goes, the show must go on. And there is plenty to hash over.
Normally, the reunion airs the week after the season concludes and is taped several weeks earlier to give the Bravo editors a chance to massage the material for maximum fireworks.
For logistical reasons, Bravo was only able to get the ladies together remotely (and still dressed to the nines in all white) on April 24. This wasn’t enough time for the producers to turn the three episodes around quickly enough to start airing this past Sunday. Instead, Bravo aired a clip show this past Sunday and will air “Married to Medicine Los Angeles” this Sunday during the usual “Real Housewives” hour.
Bravo provided these teasers for each upcoming episode:
Reunion Part I Airs on Sunday, May 10 at 8pm ET/PT
- After a tumultuous year, Kenya reveals where her relationship with Marc currently stands.
- Things heat up when NeNe and Eva go head-to-head surrounding the intention behind Nene’s apology tour.
- The ladies are joined by Marlo Hampton and Tanya Sams who rehash their trip to Toronto, Greece and all the drama in between.
- Porsha brings the shade and receipts front and center, as she questions where Kenya’s loyalty truly lies.
Reunion Part II Airs on Sunday, May 17 at 8pm ET/PT
- Kenya and Porsha discuss where their friendship went wrong, which leads to a spicy exchange between Kenya and Nene.
- The ladies open up about their past relationship struggles and Eva breaks down while talking about her journey with her daughter.
- Porsha and Eva have a heated exchange when Porsha calls Eva out for being a shady friend.
- NeNe goes missing, leaving Andy and the ladies to wonder if she’ll return to defend herself.
Reunion Part III Airs on Sunday, May 24 at 8pm ET/PT
- The ladies clear the air surrounding the Cookie Lady and Cynthia and Eva each speak their mind on the situation.
- Cynthia and Kenya examine their friendship, and decide if they can move past the misunderstanding surrounding their relationship.
- Yovanna, who showed up briefly to claim she had taped Cynthia badmouthing NeNe (but never actually revealed the audio), makes an appearance to clear her name and makes a shocking claim that leaves the ladies speechless.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.