Atlanta Buzz

Atlanta people and places
Caption

Usher’s male herpes accuser drops request for medical records

The unidentified man suing Usher for allegedly exposing him to herpes has reportedly dropped his demand for the singer to hand over his medical records. 

» RELATED: Usher reportedly ordered to hand over medical records in herpes case

The John Doe is withdrawing his motion, according to court documents obtained by The Blast. The order required the R&B star to hand over data regarding his doctors’ visits, medical treatments and insurance suppliers. The singer was also asked to turn in information on any previous settlements over herpes. 

While it’s unclear why the request was dropped, the documents state Doe could file the motion again.

The plaintiff sued Usher last year, accusing the Atlanta-based entertainer of exposing him to the virus during a sexual encounter at a spa in Los Angeles.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Atlanta United victory parade planned for Monday
  2. 2 UPDATE: Chase leads to crash on I-85, police say, shutting down lanes
  3. 3 More blood pressure medication recalled due to possible cancer risk

The R&B star has also been sued by three other women. 

A woman, identified as Jane Doe, and Quantasia Sharpton each sued the star in 2017, listing multiple counts of negligence and infliction of emotional distress after they said they contracted the disease from Raymond.

And earlier this year, metro Atlanta resident Laura Helm sued for the same allegations after she said she was exposed to herpes after two sexual encounters with the artist.

The anonymous man’s case is scheduled for a February 2019 trial.

» RELATED: Herpes claims against Usher to be tried in Los Angeles, judge says

About the Author

Najja Parker is a writer and online content producer for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

More from AJC