Here are a few things to know on Thursday:
1. Jacob Eason is 'fighting the good fight' in becoming QB2
Seth Emerson reports what Georgia coach Kirby Smart had to say about quarterback Jacob Eason being the Bulldogs' second-string quarterback behind freshman Jake Fromm. Full story on the AJC.com.
2. Miami is a 'real true test' for Yellow Jackets
Ken Sugiura reports what Georgia Tech players think about facing No. 11 Miami on Saturday.
3. Sanu and three other Falcons missed practice
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Mohamed Sanu (hamstring), defensive tackle Courtney Upshaw (ankle/knee), wide receiver Justin Hardy (illness) and kicker Matt Bryant (back) did not participate in practice on Wednesday.
4. Gerardo Martino’s name circulating for USMNT coach
Doug Roberson reports Atlanta United’s Gerardo Martino’s name has been floating around as a potential replacement for U.S. Men’s National Team coach after the team’s World Cup dreams fell short this week.
5. What Dan Quinn said on Wednesday
To read what Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn said on Wednesday after the team's bye week, visit the AJC.com.