Soon after Chef Mario Batali was officially fired from the daytime cooking show “The Chew” after multiple allegations of sexual harassment, he apologized in an email newsletter sent to subscribers Friday evening.
“As many of you know, this week there has been some news coverage about some of my past behavior. I have made many mistakes and I am so very sorry that I have disappointed my friends, my family, my fans and my team. My behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility.”
“Sharing the joy of Italian food, family and tradition with all of you, each week is an honor and privilege,” he continued. “Without the support of all of you - my fans - I would never have a forum in which to expound on this. I will work hard to regain you trust and respect.”
Signing the letter “-mb,” the former host ended the letter with a recipe for pizza dough cinnamon rolls.
“p.s. - in case you’re looking for a holiday-inspired recipe, these Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls are a fan favorite,” he said.
On Monday, Batali stepped down as a co-host of the show after multiple women anonymously told Eater New York that Batali had sexually harassed them. ABC let him go the following Friday.
He recently signed a deal with Food Network to revive his cooking show “Molto Mario,” but those plans have been put on hold, according to Variety. Six episodes of the show had already been filmed and were set to air in 2018.