Popular gifts: Sempli hand-blown Italian glasses ($56 to $77) for aperitif, cocktail or wine glasses). Also the handsome wooden trays ($180 to $198) sold with the glass sets.
- Blogs & websites: French by Design; Vosges Paris; Wallpaper.com; Contemporist.com; and Artnet.com.
- Magazines: Metropolis; Cultured; Surface; and Interior Design.
- Instagram: StudioGallet (bronze cast and hammered furniture); CG Interiors Group (modern, hip interior design group); 1st dibs (old and the new items, from art to furniture); Dering Hall (nice representation of quality furniture); and Burnaway (The Voice of Art in the South).
- Atlanta area home/design stores (other than my own): Martin Nash in the ADAC (Atlanta Decorative Arts Center) and City Issue.
- Places for unexpected finds: ADAC and the ICFF, an annual global showcase for high-end and contemporary furniture and design in New York.
Design pet peeves: Cheaply made, but marked-up, mass-manufactured furniture and lighting. Also design knockoffs.
Current design obsessions: Chairs and lighting.
New (or re-emerging) designs I like: Wallpaper. Many are like design pieces of art themselves.
… and looks I am glad to see go: The 1980s furniture and fashion.
Most unusual request: Create sample ceramic vases for a plastic surgeon group in Beverly Hills.
What's new: Hand-blown glassware from North Carolina's Mark Russell and collectible, hand-stitched Choctaw decorative baskets.
Find Donjenna at:
· Facebook: @donjennahome
· Instagram: donjenna.home