Design pet peeves: Horizontal mirrors; curtains that are too long; and wrinkled dust skirts.
Current design obsession(s): Blue and white; block print fabrics; and scenic mural wallpaper.
New (or re-emerging) designs I like: Chintz.
… and looks I am glad to see go: The Greek key motif; some lattice prints and the whole grey trend.
Most unusual request: Design a space for eight cats.
Fun (or unusual) I have designed: An office for Lake Pajamas, a women's pajama/loungewear collection in Savannah.
Biggest design mistake I have made: When measuring for a rug in a new build project, I did not take into account the projection of the bookcases. Luckily, the rug was a sisal and could be cut to fit.
… and biggest (or common) mistake homeowners make: Not scaling furniture to the room
Designer challenges: Custom furniture lead times and designing rooms that have a lot of doors or openings.
- Blogs or websites: La Dolce Vita blog; Quintessence blog; and Lacquered Life.
- Instagram: aerin; markdsikes; cabanamagazine; bunnywilliamshome; and milesredd.
- Atlanta-area home/design shops: Serena & Lily; Bungalow Classic; Mrs. Howard; Max & Company; Webb-Marsteller; and Acquisitions. Also antique stores, such as Parc Monceau and FoxGlove Antiques.
- Places for unexpected finds: Chairish.com; Everything but the House (ebth.com); and Viyet.com. Amazing sites for buying vintage, new and antique furniture and accessories at great prices!
- Recent project: A redo of a Neel Reid-designed house in Buckhead.
- Up next: Working with architect Ross Piper and Paces Builder Group and a new client building their dream home in Chastain Park.
Find Clary Bosbyshell at:
· Website: margauxinteriorslimited.com
· Facebook: Margaux Interiors Limited
· Instagram: clarybosbyshell
Home for the Holidays Showhouse
10 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday-Saturday. 1-4 p.m. Sunday. Through Dec. 10. $30. Atlantaholidayhome.com