It just became a little easier to track major milestones in your child’s life.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control & Prevention has launched a new free Milestone Tracker app.
“Skills like taking a first step, saying those first words, and waving goobye are developmental milestones all parents anticipate and celebrate,” CDC Director Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald, said in a statemnt.
“This CDC Milestone Tracker app gives parents tips to help their child learn and grow, a way to track developmental milestones, recognize delays, and the ability to share this information with their healthcare provider.”
The app is available for iOs and Android and was developed by CDC’s “Learn the Signs, Act Early” profram that helps parents and early childhood care and education and healthcare providers.
The program is designed to improve the early detection of children with developmental delays and disabilities so families can get support early.
The new app offers these features:
- Milestone checklists for children ages 2 months through 5 years, illustrated with photos and videos.
- Tips and activities to help children learn and grow.
- Information on when to act early and talk with a doctor about a developmental concern.
- A personalized milestone summary that can be easily shared with the doctor and other care providers.
- Reminders for appointments and developmental screening.