Posted Sunday, January 7, 2018 by RODNEY HOemail@example.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog
Kenya Moore can sometimes conjure up story lines out of thin air purely for drama's sake on "Real Housewives of Atlanta."
But she gets kudos for turning this particular episode into a Very Special Episode focused on the very serious subject of domestic violence.
Using Derek Blanks (who has done multiple previous "RHOA" photo shoots), Kenya tapes a PSA on the subject. She's been a victim herself as has both NeNe Leakes and Sheree Whitfield.
Two other women provide dramatic testimonials: occasional "friend" of "RHOA" Shamea Morton and Cynthia Bailey's mom Barbara Morris. NeNe described how the first man she loved hit her and she was only able to get out after having a child with him.
Sheree shows up a little late after a car slammed into hers from behind. She already has a slipped disc so she is in major pain. Kenya kindly coaxes her into doing her part.
Even Porsha shows up for the shoot and plays nice with everybody for a bigger cause. Kenya jokes that this is a rare time the entire cast shows up and nobody fights.
But RHOA drama fans, do not worry. The trailer shows plenty of verbal fireworks next week.
Other story lines:
- Cynthia Bailey is still dating that Will dude as of this episode. We hear him only by phone but he sounds as sexy as he looks. Even her daughter Noelle is thrilled to see how happy Cynthia looks.
- Kandi Burruss and her husband Todd Tucker consider a new general manager for their OLG restaurant after the previous one left. The candidate Aaron Buggs sounds knowledgeable, noting that reviews have dropped in recent months. Kandi and Todd do not get defensive - at least in front of the cameras. Hey, at least the restaurant gets major national exposure and will probably generate a raft of new reservations.
- Porsha Williams flirts with Rickey Smiley, who works with her on occasion on "Dish Nation." This scene will either make you sigh or cringe, especially when they sniff each other.
- Marlo Hampton, a semi regular who is getting more air time than Kim Zolciak, maneuvers her way into more air time by setting up a "tea" between NeNe and Porsha so they can reconcile after two previous confrontations. Shocking! They don't! We do learn that NeNe was annoyed when Porsha didn't respond to two of her texts. Or something like that. We do get to enjoy NeNe doing her classic cross-eyed eye rolling routine.
- Sheree hears that NeNe was badmouthing her prison boyfriend Tyrone Gilliams , calling him a "con artist." That's hardly an inaccurate description given he's in prison for securities and wire fraud schemes.
Later, NeNe put Sheree on blast on "Watch What Happens Live."