For folks who think "Real Housewives of Atlanta" is too trashy for their taste, they haven't seen "Love & Hip Hop Atlanta."
Mimi Faust, one of the cast members, is releasing something that no housewife that I know has ever marketed: a sex tape.
According to TMZ, she and her love partner Nikko Smith did the tape and somehow it ended up in Vivid Entertainment's hands. The adult film company plans to release "Mimi and Nikko: Scandal in Atlanta." The producers of the VH1 show don't seem to mind. In fact, they are using it as a major plot point in trailers to season three, which starts May 5.
Mimi on this very stylized "reality" show is the ex of Stevie J, a producer with a Cheshire Cat grin and a gift for gab. She frequently acts like she deserves better than Stevie J yet accepts his lavish gifts without too much complaining. They also have a young daughter together. During season two, she started dating a Stevie J look-a-like and producer Nikko, who lacks Stevie J's charisma but seems plenty scuzzy.
She mentioned the possibility of a sex tape season two and the producers of the show are gleefully using the tape itself as fodder for season three, which is currently in production.
In the extended four-minute trailer below, she grapples with the ramifications of going into porn and Stevie J is not happy at all:
Rap stars Yung Joc and Waka Flocka Flame, plus Diddy-Dirty Money's Kalena Harper will be joining the cast. As previously reported, K. Michelle and Traci Steele are out. Karlie Redd, who barely had a story line to her name season two, has started dating Yung Joc, which I have to say is a smart way to stay in the spotlight.
And these are the teasers VH1 publicity conjured up for the third season verbatim:
· Stevie J. and Joseline Hernandez are living in wedded bliss - a pill that many in Atlanta find hard to swallow. Though Joseline couldn't care less about the opinions of her 'haters,' will this feisty starlet be able prove naysayers wrong with an extravagant (and public) ceremony worthy of her title as the "Puerto Rican Princess?"
· Mimi Faust is dealing with a scandal of her own when a sex tape "mysteriously" leaks starring her and boyfriend Nikko - a man her closest confidants don't trust. Although she stands to gain notoriety and fortune, the mother of one must determine if the reward outweighs the repercussions that could potentially destroy her friendships and family.
· Over in the "palace," Lil Scrappy is dealing with life after rehab. Post-Erica, Scrappy has gotten close with rapper Bambi, but true to form, he's still out playing the field and Momma Dee has no issues playing referee.
· Erica Dixon has left the drama of her on-again/off-again romance with Scrappy behind and is instead focusing on new endeavors, her up-and-coming fashion line and the possibility of finding love again.
· The rollercoaster that is Kirk and Rasheeda's marriage continues to spin out of control as the family's newest addition, Karter, raises questions that threaten the peace and harmony of their household.
· Meanwhile, Benzino has abandoned the hot tubs and numerous vixens now that he's found his match in fiancée Althea, a woman whose past may threaten their future together.
· Karlie Redd no longer mourns her breakup with Benzino and has moved on with Yung Joc ("It's Goin' Down"), a hit maker who just might have the connections she needs to finally break into the music industry. But will jealousy between the two destroy the beautiful music they make together?
· Newcomers Waka Flocka Flame ("No Hands") and fiancé Tammy Rivera have been through a series of ups and downs over the course of their three year courtship, but now the time is right for the pair to take the next step together while still pursuing their own personal endeavors.
· This season will also introduce singer/songwriter Kalenna Harper, one-third of Diddy-Dirty Money, who has moved to Atlanta with husband Tony aka "T.Vick" in a last attempt to re-launch her solo career.