Last year was the show's worst in terms of overnight ratings and many cited the absence of Kenya Moore as a factor.
So surprise! Kenya is back and ready to rumble. And double surprise! She and her husband Marc Daly - who married in secret more than two years ago, much to Bravo's chagrin - are breaking up. Since the show is still in production, that will certainly be addressed. The trailer implies some of that painful breakdown will be captured on camera.
Marcis as not been a fan of doing stuff in front of the camera and that could very well have been a source of tension between him and camera-friendly Kenya.
In the meantime, Shamari DeVoe joins a line of others (Claudia Jordan, Kim Fields, DeShawn Snow ) who have appeared for one season but didn't catch on. She is out.
But Eva Marcille, who became a full-time cast member last year, survived and will be back. (I am going to post an interview I had with her soon.)
And four long-time veterans will return: Cynthia Bailey, Kandi Burruss, Leakes and Porsha Williams. Marlo Hampton and Tanya Sam are back as friends.
Let’s review each primary lady’s story lines this season:
- Besides her modeling agency and line of sunglasses, Cynthia is adding wine to her portfolio. And she and sportscaster Mike Hill are getting engaged. And can she mend her relationship with NeNe? The teaser does not look promising.
- Eva is pregnant with her third child fresh from her wedding. She spends this season finding a new home to live in as well with her husband Michael Sterling.
- Kandi as always is seeking to expand beyond her sex toy line, her retail shops and her restaurants, to name a few. And a new child is coming via surrogacy.
- NeNe has reconciled with her husband Gregg (now cancer free!). But she still has issues with Cynthia and Kenya.
- Porsha is taking care of her new baby Pilar Jhena but there are rumors about her fiance Dennis McKinley's infidelities.
- And Kenya’s shaky relationship with her husband will be highlighted while she enjoys motherhood for the first time.