This weekend, SunTrust Park (800 Battery Ave. SE, Atlanta) will clear out the Atlanta Braves to instead host back-to-back mega-shows, with Atlanta country heroes the Zac Brown Band loading in Saturday and Journey and Def Leppard — with the Pretenders opening — taking over on Sunday.
For both concerts, fans can arrive early and stay late to sample the restaurants in The Battery Atlanta, adjacent to the stadium. As well, both shows are, as always, rain or shine (umbrellas are permitted in case of the former).
Check mlb.com/braves for a full list of prohibited items, but included on the leave-it-at-home list are alcoholic beverages; bags or purses exceeding 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches; camera lenses exceeding 5 inches; folding chairs; firearms and other weapons (knives, Mace, pepper spray, tasers or toy replicas of weapons); laser pointers; fireworks.
Parking passes starting at $20 can be purchased at ticketmaster.com.
There is also a second ride-share pickup area located inside The Battery (we’re told to look for the ample signage for both locations).
Here are some other tips to help you navigate for:
Zac Brown Band
- Gates open at 5 p.m. Saturday. Showtime is 6:30 p.m. with Nahko and Medicine for the People and OneRepublic opening.
- Tickets: $35-$106. There is also a $99 package that includes a terrace-level concert ticket, a Braves game ticket in the terrace reserved area for any home game during the 2018 season and all ticket fees. All tickets must be purchased via ticketmaster.com, braves.com/zacbrownband, or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
- Field-level tickets: There is a pit area on the field directly in front of the stage that is general admission standing only. All other locations on the field are reserved seating.
- Gates open at 5 p.m. Sunday. Showtime is 6 p.m. with the Pretenders opening. Journey will follow and Def Leppard closes the show.
- Tickets: $34.50-$99.50. There is also a $99 package that includes a terrace-level concert ticket, a Braves game ticket in the terrace reserved area for any home game during the 2018 season and all ticket fees. All tickets must be purchased via ticketmaster.com, braves.com/rock, or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
- Field-level tickets: All ticketed locations on the field are reserved folding chairs.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.