Earlier this month, Christopher Cross shared with fans that he tested positive for COVID-19.

Cross said that by the time he was able to receive a test for coronavirus, he was beyond the “infection window,” and while he became very ill, did not develop respiratory issues.

However, the soft-rock singer is still in the recovery process and in an update to fans this week, said that as a complication from the illness, he’s suffered muscle weakness and temporary paralysis of his legs.

Cross, 68, said he has started physical therapy and doctors have assured him that he will recover.

Here is his full statement .

About the Author

Keep Reading

Six Flags Over Georgia has traditionally held its Holiday in the Park festivities from December until Jan. 3. However, the park announced recently it will close this year and cancel its annual event. (Courtesy of Six Flags Over Georgia)

Credit: Six Flags Over Georgia

Featured

Carleigh Knight (left) and her sister, Natalie Rogovin, look at Christmas ornaments while shopping at Kudzu Antiques + Modern in Decatur on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2025. (Natrice Miller/AJC)

Credit: Natrice Miller