Looking for a crowd-pleasing recipe before the Super Bowl? Here's Chef Shane of Ocean Catering Company on his Mahogany style wings with blue cheese dressing. They're hot and spicy, and will be an excellent addition to your Super Bowl spread.
Feeds 4-6 people
- Rinse about 3lbs of chicken wings in colander under running water
- Shake colander the pat dry wings using paper towel.
- 1 and 1/2 cups soybean oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Chili paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend on high until ingredients are emulsified together.
- Pour marinade over chicken wings and toss to coat wings evenly. Let sit minimum 1/2 hours.
- Grill wings on hot grill turning every 5 minutes (to make sure all sides are cooked through) until wings are cooked thoroughly.
Mahogany Sauce (this is where you can control the heat)
- 1 cup Oyster Sauce (you can find this in the Asian foods section of your grocery store)
- 1/2 cup Sambal Chili paste (also in Asian foods section)
- 1/4lb melted butter
- Melt butter in small sauce pan being careful not to boil.
- Add butter, Sambal and Oyster sauce in medium mixing bowl. Blend until dark and smooth.
- Toss grilled chicken wings in bowl making sure Mahogany sauce coats wings evenly.
- Dip in Sage Bleu (recipe is below) and enjoy!!!
Sage Bleu cheese dipping sauce
Add into food processor –
- 3 cups mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon
- 2 tablespoons garlic
Add into food processor while running –
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Squirt lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 shots sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Fresh chopped sage
- 1/2 – 1 cup Bleu cheese (depending on your love for stinky cheese)
Blend again and enjoy!
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.