We bet you didn’t know that August is National Peach Month. Our state fruit takes center stage in a host of dishes, desserts and drinks at eateries all across metro Atlanta. Try one of these 10 peachy keen treats in honor of National Peach Month.
1. Peach crisp. At the newly opened Coalition Food and Beverage in Alpharetta (part of RO Hospitality, which also operates Osteria Mattone and Table & Main in Roswell), Executive Pastry Chef Kelly Lovett is showcasing Pearson Farm peaches in the Fruit of the Moment crisp. Available until at least mid-August, this peach crisp dessert features a brown sugar and oat crumble, caramel, and buttermilk ice cream.
50 Canton St., Alpharetta. 470-839-6725, coalitionfoodandbeverage.com.
2. Peach cobbler. This summertime dessert staple makes an appearance on the menu at Il Giallo Osteria & Bar in Sandy Springs. Pastry chef Libby Muldawer created the dish, called Crostata de Pesca, which is a Southern peach cobber served warm, with vanilla gelato. Classic, simple and oh so gooey and good.
5920 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs. 404-709-2148, https://ilgialloatl.com.
3. Woke cocktail. Drink your peaches at Barleygarden Kitchen & Craft Bar in Alpharetta’s Avalon. The Woke cocktail is a mixture of Four Roses Bourbon, Merlet Trois, Peach puree, lemon and mint. The result is a light and refreshing blend that’s ideal for sipping on the beer garden’s rooftop on hot summer nights.
900 Avalon Blvd., Alpharetta. 678-266-6218, barleygardenkitchen.com.
4. Peach salad. In Smyrna, Muss & Turner’s has a bevy of menu items highlighting peaches, on both the lunch and dinner menus. For dinner, try the peach salad, featuring Pearson Farm peaches, Tucker Farm arugula, red onion, ricotta salata, pecans and pickled mustard seed vinaigrette. For dessert, go for the peach upside down cake with blueberry lemon ice cream.
1675 Cumberland Parkway SE, Smyrna. 770-434-1114, mussandturners.com.
5. Peach Twist. Check out Shake Shack at Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody, which offers a special Peach Twist frozen custard concrete treat. The Peach Twist is crafted from vanilla custard, Preserving Place hot peach and ginger jam, and H&F Bread Co. cinnamon sugar twist. (Bonus: 5 percent of sales proceeds from the Peach Twist support Kate’s Club, a nonprofit that works to empower children and teens facing life after the death of a parent or sibling.)
4400 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody. shakeshack.com.
6. Brown butter peach shortcake doughnut. At Doughnut Dollies in Marietta, the brown butter peach shortcake doughnut is the Fresh Fruit Shortcake of the Moment — a specialty offering that rotates seasonally throughout spring and summer. The brioche doughnut is fried in non-GMO sunflower oil and tossed in sugar while still hot. Chef Anna Gatti then fills it with brown-butter-roasted peaches and whipped cream to order. Decadent and delicious.
724 Cherokee St., Marietta. 404-365-5437, mydoughnutdollies.com.
7. Peach pizza. A summer pizza is on offer at Colletta in Alpharetta. Topped with san simon di costa, pork tesa (cold-cured pork belly), chives, vin cotto and parmesan, the refreshing peach pizza is a unique combo of juicy fresh Georgia peaches and rich pork tesa.
900 Third St., Alpharetta. 678-722-8335, collettarestaurant.com.
8. Papa Don’t Peach bread. Breadwinner Cafe in Sandy Springs cooks up homemade breads from family recipes passed down through generations — baking everything from scratch in small batches. Try the Papa Don’t Peach bread, featuring Georgia peaches, and made-from-scratch peach sweet tea glaze. We dare you to stop at just one slice.
220 Sandy Springs Circle NE, Atlanta. 404-843-0224, breadwinnerbreads.com.
9. & 10. Peach pie and fuzzy navel slushie. At King’s Barbecue in Alpharetta, you can enjoy a casual meal, Southern hospitality and a menu of all wood-smoked meats. For dessert, dig into a slice of the peach pie, and wash it down with a fuzzy navel slushie for the ultimate peach fix.
4195 Avalon Blvd., Alpharetta. 678-248-5159, kingbarbecueatl.com.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.
With the largest team in the state, the AJC reports what’s really going on with your tax dollars and your elected officials. Subscribe today. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.
Your subscription to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.