Nine things to know about Braves outfield prospect Ronald Acuna, who was promoted to Triple-A Gwinnett Thursday.
1. Acuna is 19 years old. He was born on Dec. 18, 1997. He’s three years and nine months younger than Braves shortstop Dansby Swanson and 23 years younger than Braves pitcher R.A. Dickey.
2. Acuna is 6 feet tall and 180 pounds.
3. The Braves signed him as an international free agent for just $100,000 in July of 2014.
4. Acuna bats and throws right handed.
5. Acuna is from Venezuela.
6. He has power and speed.
7. Acuna can play any of the three outfield positions.
8. Acuna has played 182 games in the minors in his career, a bit more than a full season, and has 20 homers, 86 RBIs, 63 stolen bases and a .300 average.
9. His batting average has improved in each of his three minor-league seasons: .269 in 2015, .312 in 2016 and .313 so far in 2017.