Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 105-90 loss to the Hornets Monday.
* Kemba Walker finished with 16 points, including four 3-pointer, for the Hornets. Ten points came in the second half.
* Dennis Schroder scored a game-high 20 points to lead the Hawks. He was 8 of 17 from the field and 3 of 7 from 3-point range.
* Dwight Howard had a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds.
The Hornets used a 27-6 run between the first and second quarters to take a double-digit lead. They led by 13 points after the run. The Hawks never got closer than six points.
* The Hornets four main reserves of Frank Kaminsky, Marco Belinelli, Briante Weber and Jeremy Lamb were a combined plus-86.
* The Hawks held a 45-33 rebound advantage.
* The Hawks committed 18 turnovers leading to 17 points for the Hornets. The Hornets committed eight turnovers that led to six points for the Hawks.
* The Hawks were 4 of 10 from the free-throw line. The Hornets were 13 of 20 from the line.
* Mike Dunleavy, who missed 11 straight games due to right ankle synovitis, was active. He did not play but was said to be available in emergency situations such as a late-game inbound play.
“Credit to Charlotte. They played well tonight. We’ve got to get better.” – Opening statement of Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer following the loss.
The Hawks play at the Wizards on Wednesday in a nationally televised game by ESPN.