Do you ever get that sinking feeling that you forgot something?
Despite the fact you’ve employed redundancy measures that would make NASA jealous, you can almost guarantee that you’ve missed some small item needed for your Thanksgiving feast.
Don’t worry. Several grocery store chains across the country will be open on Thanksgiving for at least for part of the day.
Here is a list of Thanksgiving Day openings, closings and store hours for national grocery store chains. Reminder: Some stores do not follow national opening/closing hours. Be sure to check with your local stores for times.
- ALDI: All stores are closed on Thanksgiving.
- AJ's Fine Foods: Open 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Albertsons: Stores will close at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Bashas': Open until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: BJ’s is closed Thanksgiving.
- Costco: All stores will be closed on Thanksgiving.
- Food Lion: Most stores will be open until 3 p.m. (depending on the store).
- Fresh Market: Open until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Kroger: Many stores are open 24 hours; check local store for hours.
- Publix: All stores and pharmacies will be closed on Thanksgiving; regular hours resume on Friday.
- Safeway: Most stores will close at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Locations will return to regular hours on Friday.
- Sam's Club: All stores are closed on Thanksgiving.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: Open 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Target: Stores open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and close at midnight.
- Trader Joes: All stores closed on Thanksgiving.
- Walmart: Stores will be open on Thanksgiving.
- Wegmans: Stores will close at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Whole Foods: Hours: 7 a.m.-3 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
If you are simply abandoning the idea of that Martha Stewart Thanksgiving in favor of a good buffet down the street, here is a link to a list of restaurants open on Thanksgiving.