The list of road closures at the bottom has been updated to be accurate as of 1 p.m. Wednesday.
As much of metro Atlanta returns to normal after Irma rolled through as a tropical storm Monday night, DeKalb County is still trying to get a feel of all the damage.
As of Wednesday morning, DeKalb had nearly 60,000 Georgia Power customers without power — that’s 9,000 more than Cobb, Fulton and Gwinnett counties’ outages combined, the utility company’s online map showed about 10:40 a.m.
County spokeswoman Sarah Page said crews have been able to open 30 roads but there were still about 80 closed as of 11 p.m. Tuesday with 180 reports of trees blocking traffic.
Page said over the phone Wednesday morning from the emergency operations center that crews were still searching the county’s 2,000 miles of roads for issues.
She said residents should remember that the county will only clear the part of a tree blocking roads. The rest is for them to take care of, but the county has announced a schedule and rules to pick up the debris.
“If the tree’s in a house, that’s something the property-owner needs to handle,” Page said.
No one has been injured by the fallen trees, said DeKalb fire spokesman Capt. Eric Jackson, but they have landed on top of houses along with cars and wires.
Elsewhere in the state: Aerial photos show Irma’s impact on coastal Georgia
DeKalb fire answered 1,336 calls for service between 7 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday, said Jackson.
Of that large number, he said 313 were for downed wires, 358 due to fallen trees and 92 for miscellaneous fire calls like blown transformers.
“We kind of knew what the writing was going to be on the wall, but it always amazes us to see what the number of calls were,” he said.
Here’s a map of damage and road closures reported in metro Atlanta:
The county sent out an updated list of road closures about 1 p.m. Wednesday and is still updating its list of closed roads, but here are some of the nearly 80 closures on DeKalb’s roads due to downed trees or wires:
• Old Norcross Road at Angie Drive
• Suncrest Lane from Circlewood Road to Sunset Drive
• The 200 block of Durand Falls Drive
• The 1700 block of Oak Crest Court
• Hidden Valley Road from Mercer Road to Denise Drive
• The 1300 block of North Decatur Road
• The 1100 block of Silver Hill Road
• The 3600 block of Meadowglen Village Lane
• Chamblee Tucker Road from Stratford Arms Drive to Flindt Court
• The 1700 block of Ponce De Leon Avenue
• The 800 block of Lullwater Parkway
• Briarcliff Road from Brookdale Drive to Payton Road
• Lavista Road from Pinellas Trail to Clairmont Road
• The 1400 block of Batts Court
• Johan Road from Deshon Road to Rockbridge Drive
• Clanton Terrace from Doris Drive to Sherlock Drive
• Gatehouse Drive at Kensington Road
• Stella Burns Drive from Angie Drive to Velma Burns Court
• South Deshon Road to Rogers Lake Road
• South Deshon Road from South Deshon Ridge Drive to Kevin Court
• Dellwood Place and McAfee Road
• Whitehall Forest Court at Bouldercrest Road
• Snapfiner Road from Browns Mill Road to Cleveland Road
• Jan Hill Lane at Beacon Hill Boulevard
• Meadowlake Lane at Lakesprings Drive
• Chevy Chase Lane at Elkridge Drive
• Golfbrook Drive at Fieldgreen Drive
• Glendale Road from Herndon Drive to North Decatur Road
• Westhampton Drive from Leonora Drive to Westhampton Way
• Henderson Road at Morgan Road
• Tolliver Drive from Tolliver Hills Drive to Panthersville Road
• Halwick Way from Eberline Court to Rousay Coury
• Clubhouse Circle East at Clubhouse Circle West
• Cape Road Lane from Salen Drive to Salem Trail
• Miriam Lane from Wedgewood Terrace to Oakland Terrace
• Snapfinger Road from Columbia Drive to Hyland Drive
• Hidden Hills Parkway from Golf Valley Way to Greenpoint Drive
• The 2900 block of Alcove Drive
• Spring Valley Road from Columbia Drive to Springside Drive
• Indian Manor Drive at Indian Manor Court
• The 7200 block of Meadow Point Drive
• North Royal Atlanta drive from Lawrenceville Highway to Tuckerstone Parkway
• Blackshear Drive at North Druid Hills Road
• Gresham Road at Boulderview Drive
• Bouldercrest Road at Old River Road
• Snapfinger Road from Dogwood Farms Road to near Martin Luther King Jr. High School
• Snapfinger Parkway to Snapfinger Woods Drive
• Shamrock Drive from Kilarney Road to Colleen Court
• Orbit Circle from Satelite Boulevard to Telstar Drive
• Emory Parc Place and Clairmont Road
• Georgian Drive and Duke Road
• Kendrick Road from Peachtree Road to Osborne Road
• Fairoaks Road from Fairoaks Place to North Akin Drive
• Norris Lake Drive from Lake Drive to Norris Lake Road
• Old Johnson Ferry Road/Brooklawn Road from West Nancy Creek Drive to Johnson Ferry Road
• Columbia Drive from Forrest Boulevard to Monticello Place
• The area around where Osborne Road meets Fuller Road and Talluah Drive
• The 3000 block of Panola Road
• River Road from Martin Drive to Astronaut Drive
• The 5100 block of North Atlanta Royal Drive
• Hickory Hills Drive from Hickory Hills Court to Hickory Hills Trail
• Balfour Drive from Hammett Drive to Brockton Place
• Ragley Hall Road from Hampton Hall Road to Epping Forest Drive
• Longview Drive from Admiral Drive to Seaman Circle
• Millstone Run from Silver Hill Road to Old Stone Mountain Road
• The 3200 block of Tucker Norcross Road
• Glenwood Road from Thomas Street to Glenvalley Drive
• Woodmere Drive at South Deshon Road
• North Druid Woods Court at North Druid Hils Road
• Laurel Creek Circle at Young Road
• Briarcliff Road at Briarcrest Trail Northeast to Briarmoor Road Northeast
• Erskine Road from Church Street to Pounds Lane
• Santa Monica Drive at Guy Way
• Gaylemont Circle from the entrance to Medlock Park to Desmond Drive
• Wawona Drive from Wawona Terrace to Buford Highway