Macy's announces closure of 36 stores nationwide
Macy’s plans to close 36 stores throughout the country, with final clearance sales starting on Monday, Jan 11.
- Irvine Spectrum, Irvine, CA
- Country Club Plaza, Sacramento, CA
- Westfield Century City, Los Angeles, CA
- Enfield Square main store, Enfield, CT
- Enfield Square furniture/home/men’s store, Enfield, CT
- North DeKalb Mall, Decatur, GA
- Kailua, HI
- Palouse Mall, Moscow, ID
- Northwoods Mall, Peoria, IL
- Cortana Mall, Baton Rouge, LA
- Valley Mall, Hagerstown, MD
- Berkshire Mall, Lanesborough, MA
- Eastfield Mall, Springfield, MA
- The Shoppes at Stadium, Columbia, MO
- Middlesex Mall, South Plainfield, NJ
- McKinley Mall main store, Buffalo, NY
- McKinley Mall home store, Buffalo, NY
- Arnot Mall, Horsehead, NY
- Hudson Valley Mall, Kingston, NY
- Eastern Hills Mall, Williamsville, NY
- Cary Towne Center, Cary, NC
- Chapel Hill Mall, Akron, OH
- Midway Mall, Elyria, OH
- Quail Springs Mall, Oklahoma City, OK
- Pony Village Mall, North Bend, OR
- Roseburg Valley Mall, Roseburg, OR
- Suburban Square, Ardmore, PA
- Century III Mall, West Mifflin, PA
- Ridgmar Mall, Ft. Worth, TX
- Chesapeake Square, Chesapeake, VA
- Virginia Center Commons, Glen Allen, VA
- Peninsula Town Center, Hampton, VA
- Military Circle Mall, Norfolk, VA
- Regency Square main store, Richmond, VA
- Regency Square furniture/home/men’s store, Richmond, VA
- Downtown Spokane, Spokane, WA
Department store giant Macy’s announced last week a raft of store closings around the country.
The Cincinnati-based chain blamed the closings — 36 in all — on disappointing 2015 sales and said it plans to “operate more effectively with an organization that is flatter and more agile.”
Final clearance sales at the closing stores will start Jan. 11 and run for between eight to 12 weeks, according to the company.
The Macy's at North DeKalb Mall is one of three stores with clearance sales already in progress. It is the only store in Georgia slated for closure.
The Macy's location in Decatur opened in 1965 and has 89 associates.
Leon Stafford contributed to this article.