A DeKalb County restaurant failed its recent health inspection after the inspector said she found a dead rodent near the outdoor grill, along with other issues.
Big Daddy’s Kitchen, located at 2504 Candler Road outside Decatur, received a 61, according to the report.
A man who identified himself as the owner but didn’t provide his name said Monday the problems are being addressed.
“We’re going to do the best we can not to get a low score ever,” he said.
RELATED: Woman: Waffle House served me bleach
As for the rodent, he stressed that it wasn’t inside the restaurant and said vegetation around the grill area, which is fenced in, has been trimmed and employees are checking for critters every day. He said the checks are normally done every day and he described the rat’s presence as a fluke.
The inspector said the screening around the grill had holes Thursday.
Inside, the shelves of the walk-in cooler had black buildup, and dishes stored as “clean” had food debris on the surfaces.
Big Daddy’s Kitchen
2504 Candler Road, Decatur
In other news: