Clayton County Public Schools students begin classes in less than a week on Aug. 7. When some of them return it will be to new leaders at their schools.
The system is welcoming four new principals this school year; three at the elementary level, and one new high school chief.
Here are the new principals:
- Charlotte Shoemaker - Pointe South Elementary (former assistant principal at Arnold Elementary)
- Michael Faison - Riverdale Elementary (formerly Riverdale’s assistant principal)
- Edward Williams - West Clayton Elementary
- Nelson Render - Lovejoy High
Clayton Schools also named two new deputy superintendents, Anthony Smith and Ralph Simpson, a former regional superintendent in DeKalb County’s school system.
In addition to the new leadership, Clayton County plans to open and complete several school projects during the year:
- Lee Street Elementary – opening September 2017
- Riverdale High Gym – October 2017
- Elite Scholars Academy – January 2018
- East Clayton Elementary – August 2018
Visit the AJC’s Ultimate Atlanta School Guide throughout the year for information on Clayton schools, including which are the safest, how many years of experience the average teacher has and which schools have the highest SAT and graduation scores.
More back-to-school news: