Seven Atlanta Public Schools were recognized for generating some of the best student achievement statewide in 2017, Governor Nathan Deal announced Friday.
The 2017 Single Statewide Accountability System awards is a listing of Georgia schools that have exhibited high student performance or academic growth. It’s measured by the College and Career Ready Performance Index from the three most recent school years.
The awards are given by the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement. The rating system is awarded by percentile compared to other schools in the state: bronze (93rd percentile), silver (95th percentile), gold (97th percentile) and platinum (99th percentile).
A total of 226 Georgia public schools in 54 districts will receive awards, according to a press release. That’s eight more than last year.
Atlanta Public Schools campuses noted for awards, including greatest gains and highest performing include:
· Carver Early College (bronze performing)
· Cleveland Avenue Elementary School (gold gains)
· Jackson Elementary School (bronze gains, gold performing)
· Mary Lin Elementary School (bronze gains, gold performing)
· Morningside Elementary School (platinum performing)
· Morris Brandon Elementary School (bronze gains, gold performing)
· Springdale Park Elementary School (gold performing)