Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal on Thursday released his final proposed budget as the state’s chief executive.
Here’s how it could impact public higher education in Georgia:
- a 3 percent increase in HOPE scholarships and grants, totaling about $68.1 million.
- $65 million in additional capital funds for major repairs and rehabilitation of some University System of Georgia facilities. The system requested $60 million.
- an additional $60 million for University System of Georgia’s Teachers’ Retirement System.
- $51 million in additional funds for student enrollment growth.
- $10 million for graduate medical education at Augusta University.
University System of Georgia administrators are scheduled to give a budget presentation to state lawmakers on Tuesday.
In other Legislative news: