- Story Highlights
- Arrests are pending, the GBI said.
- Illegal cash payouts were being made, officials said.
In a joint undercover operation requested by Atlanta police, three businesses were targeted in commercial gambling raids Tuesday, the GBI said.
Agents seized evidence of crimes and money that was gained from the illegal use of coin-operated gaming machines, GBI spokeswoman Nelly Miles said in a news release.
“Agents discovered customers were receiving cash payouts for winning credits,” Miles said. “In Georgia, credits may only be redeemed for lottery tickets and/or store merchandise.”
The businesses searched were:
- Citgo, 1885 Jonesboro Road;
- Valero, 1989 Hosea Williams Drive;
- Yarial Grocery, 500 James P. Brawley Drive.
“Gambling addiction is a huge problem throughout the state,” GBI agent Cindy Ledford told Channel 2 Action News.
Multiple arrests are pending, according to the GBI.
MORE: Atlanta crime news
In other news: