The FBI is looking for thieves who have been targeting Wal-Mart stores in metro Atlanta.
Since May there have been approximately eight armed robberies that police believe are related because they follow a similar pattern, Special Agent Stephen Emmett said Friday.
The robbery happens between 10 p.m. and midnight when a man wearing a surgical mask and armed with a firearm enters the store and robs the nearest cashier, Emmett said.
The FBI believes the gunman at least sometimes has a female partner coordinating with him by posing as a customer inside the store before he enters and then slipping off after the robbery is conducted, Emmett said.
Authorities are investigating these robberies:
- May 15 at 8424 Mall Parkway, Lithonia
- Aug. 11 at 970 Mansell Road, Roswell
- Aug. 18 at 4725 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody
- Sept. 9 at 7050 Highway 85, Riverdale
- Sept. 21 at 8424 Mall Parkway, Lithonia
- Sept. 26 at 4975 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Norcross
- Oct. 1 at 6152 Covington Highway, Lithonia
- Oct. 7 at 2395 Peachtree Parkway, Cumming
During the last robbery, the gunman shot into the floor by the cash register, Emmett said.
Anyone with information may contact Crime Stoppers at 404-577-8477. There is a reward and all callers can remain anonymous.