Ex-DeKalb corrections officer on the run after rape conviction 

Ex-DeKalb corrections officer on the run after rape conviction 

View CaptionHide Caption
Channel 2 Action News
Charles Barry Pinckney 

A former DeKalb County corrections officer remains at large following his conviction Monday by a Fulton County jury, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Charles Barry Pinckney had been accused of raping a 15-year-old girl at his home in January 2016. Pinckney said the girl told him she was 19 and the sex was consensual, but doctors said her injuries were severe, Channel 2 reported.

The jury convicted Pinckney of statutory rape and a judge declared a mistrail on the other charges of rape, aggravated child molestation and first degree child creulty, Channel 2 reported. 

Due to his failure to show up for court Friday, officials revoked his bond and issued a warrant for his arrest, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution previously reported. 

Judge Grant Brantley had told the jurors that his absence “is not a part of your consideration.”

Attorney Jackie Patterson said Pinckney took the time Friday for reflection.

Know what’s really going on with crime and public safety in your metro Atlanta community, including breaking news, trial coverage, trends and the latest on unsolved cases. Sign up for the AJC’s crime and safety newsletter delivered weekly to your inbox.

Subscribe today on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or your favorite podcasting app so you don't miss a single episode of Breakdown: Season 5!

Weather and Traffic