- Man killed after his random act of kindness
- Woman survives car crash, killed trying to retrieve personal items
- Woman who posted picture of duct-taped dog charged with animal cruelty
- Bananas have a new threat that's being called a 'big nightmare'
- Selfie of the year? Brothers rescue bald eagle, take epic photo
Barry Gesser, a real-life adviser to the Wolf of Wall Street, Jordan Belfort, was found dead in West Hollywood Wednesday, according to People.
A Los Angeles Police Department source told People that the cause of death is unclear.
Although Gesser didn't have a character named after him in "Wolf on Wall Street," the former hedge-fund manager served as an advisor to Belfort in real life. He also served as a consultant to director Martin Scorsese and actor Jonah Hill in the 2013 film.
Gesser, 52, served three years' probation from 1999 to 2002 for stock fraud.
"Wolf of Wall Street" starred Leonardo DiCaprio as Jordan Belfort, an infamous stockbroker involved in the “pump and dump” fraud scheme.