- Health officials warn of ‘rare' flesh-eating bacteria in Florida
- Heartwarming: Waitress' act of kindness touches grieving couple who lost baby
- Woman involved in Walmart brawl reveals what started fight
- Big rig full of sharks crashes in Florida, killing one
- Fifth-grader in wheelchair left out of graduation
Four DUIs, drug and gun charges plus a revoked driver’s license had bounty hunter Jackie Shell chasing county singer Randy Howard.
Shell tried to arrest Howard at the singer’s home in Tennessee on Tuesday, but things got out of hand and he ended up shooting and killing him.
Billboard reports the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking into Shell's story.
A TBI spokesman said Howard opened fire when Shell arrived at his home. Shell returned fire, hitting and killing Howard.
The bounty hunter was after Howard because he missed his court appearance.
Howard worked with Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings over the years. His 1983 record, "All-American Redneck," made it to No. 41 on the charts.