Posted originally on Sunday, July 8, 2018 by RODNEY HOfirstname.lastname@example.org on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog
Cobb County resident and food guru Alton Brown said Food Network’s “Cutthroat Kitchen” is officially over.
He responded to a fan asking about it on Twitter Sunday night.
“ ‘Cutthroat Kitchen’ got cancelled,” Brown responded. “Sorry. #ProbablyMyFault” (In classically Brown fashion, he likes to use Post It Notes instead of typing in his responses.)
The quirky game show featured contestants bidding on all sorts of cooking obstacles that would hinder their opponents. Brown might have you use super small utensils or enable you to steal someone else’s ingredients. But the more you spend, the less money you’ll pocket at the end.
It aired from 2013 to 2017 for nearly 190 episodes over 15 seasons.
Brown in the fall of 2016 said he was taking a hiatus from producing episodes to work on other projects.
The last new episode aired July 19 of 2017.
He continues to host Food Network’s “Iron Chef America.” Last year, he also has promised a revival of his cult classic show “Good Eats” but no details have come out since that announcement.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.