The Fred’s summer concert series will include plenty of nostalgia moments with acts including The Monkees and the Steve Miller Band on the docket.
- It’s the 50th anniversary of The Monkees, and Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork are leading a 35-date tour that will visit the Peachtree City venue on May 21.
- On June 4, the Alan Parsons Live Project, with Parsons as the main player, will perform.
- July 15 brings the Steve Miller Band – by then Miller will be a newly minted Rock and Roll Hall of Famer – and their cadre of hits including “Fly Like an Eagle,” “Jungle Love” and “Jet Airliner.”
- UB40 featuring Ali Campbell with Astro and Mickey Virtue, the founding members of the reggae/pop ensemble that commandeered the airwaves in the ‘80s and early ‘90s with "Red Red Wine" and "(I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You," will perform Aug. 13.
- And on Aug. 29, former “American Idol” darling Kellie Pickler brings her country hits to town.
One more show in the series will be announced soon.
Series ticket renewals for existing series ticket holders will take place through Feb. 29. New series tickets will go on sale March 4, and individual concert tickets may be purchased beginning March 11 at the box office, or online at www.ticketalternative.com . Series tickets for all six shows remain the same price as last year, $247.50 for reserved seating.
In addition to the six concert series, The Fred will offer four spotlight shows for the 2016 season:
June 10- “Departure,” Journey tribute
June 18 – “Remember When Rock was Young,” Elton John tribute with the Atlanta Pops Symphony Orchestra
July 3- Yacht Rock Revue
July 22 - “The Purple Xperience” Prince tribute
And, in addition to the four spotlight shows, The Fred will offer two additional concerts in their summer lineup: Lisa Kelly’s Celtic Concert featuring The Lisa Kelly Voice Academy and The Kelly Porter Dance Academy on May 7 and Lee Greenwood for a special 9/11 tribute show on Sept. 11.
Tickets for individual shows go on sale March 11.
For more information visit www.amphitheater.org.