BY MELISSA RUGGIERI/AJC Music Scene
Sugarland is coming back “Bigger” with their sixth studio album.
The country duo, which reunited at the November Country Music Association Awards after taking a hiatus to pursue other projects, will release their first new album in seven years on June 8. “Bigger” is available for pre-order now, and the title track is available for download.
The Sugarland team of former Atlantan Jennifer Nettles and Decatur resident Kristian Bush wrote all but one of the 11 songs on “Bigger,” the exception being “Babe,” which was penned by Taylor Swift and Train’s Pat Monahan. Swift is also featured on the track.
The album’s first single, “Still the Same," was released in December and peaked at No. 26 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart and at No. 35 on the Hot Country Songs rankings.
Of their new music, which was written during the past six months, Nettles points to Sugarland’s ability to project a positive vibe.
“Our hopefulness and our sparkiness and our joy is one of the things I think we do uniquely well, especially in the country format," she said.
Bush said he’s enjoying the “mystery” of the material.
“I have entire pints of blood in that thing, but I still don't know where it all came from, and I love that,” he said.
Sugarland will perform on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” on May 2.
Their “Still the Same” 2018 tour kicks off May 25 in Augusta and will swing through Atlanta Aug. 3 with a show at Infinite Energy Arena.
“ Bigger” TRACK LIST
- "Bigger"| Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
"On A Roll"| Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
3. "Let Me Remind You"| Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
4. "Mother" | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
5. "Still The Same" | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
6. "Lean It On Back" | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
7. "Babe (featuring Taylor Swift)" | Taylor Swift, Pat Monahan
8. "Bird In A Cage" | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
9. "Love Me Like I'm Leaving" | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles, Tim Owens
10. "Tuesday's Broken" | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
11. "Not The Only" | Kristian Bush, Jennifer Nettles
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.