If you want your Guns N’ Roses concert experience to be more “Paradise City” than “Welcome to the Jungle,” here are a few tips to keep in mind as you prepare for the Wednesday concert.
- As with all events at the Georgia Dome, the clear bag policy will be enforced. Your choices are a clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag that does not exceed 12”x6”x12,” a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (e.g., Ziploc) or a small clutch bag no larger than 4.5”x6.5” with or without a handle or strap. Any bags that don’t adhere to these guidelines must be returned to the car.
- Since the concert is on a weeknight, keep in mind the extra aggravation and time that will be added to your trip during rush hour. MARTA is always the suggested transportation option (Vine City and Georgia Dome stations are the closest. Visit www.itsmarta.com for a map). Pre-purchased parking in the Yellow Lot ($30), Blue Lot ($35) and Red Deck ($35) is available via www.gadome.com .
- Doors are at 6:30 p.m. and opening band The Cult is scheduled to go on stage at 8 p.m. (the originally posted ticket time of 8:30 has been changed - it is indeed 8 p.m.). Although Guns N’ Roses – or, rather, Axl Rose -- has been notorious in recent years for showing up hours late, good news for fans. “All of the other venues we’ve spoken with and reports we’ve read say the show has started on time and we don’t expect anything to be different Wednesday night,” said Jason Kirksey, senior communications specialist at the Georgia Dome.
- The reunited Guns N’ Roses – Rose, guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, keyboardist Dizzy Reed, drummer Frank Ferrer, guitarist Richard Fortus and keyboardist Melissa Reese – kicked off the “Not in This Lifetime” tour in April.
- Tickets are still available for $35-$375 and can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com or at the Georgia Dome box office. Will call is located on the West Plaza, between Gates B and C and near building C of the Georgia World Congress Center.
- There is no re-entry at the stadium; if you leave, you will not be allowed back with the same ticket.
- Come back to visit The Music Scene blog early Thursday morning for a review of the Atlanta concert.