BY MELISSA RUGGIERI/AJC Music Scene
Fortunately for music fans, this weekend was already going to be a quiet one.
Of the shows scheduled at venues around the city, only the Friday night Nth Power show at Aisle 5 has been canceled due to the impending weather.
The band posted a message on its Facebook page that they made “the hard decision that it would be best for the safety of our fans and venue staff (and us) to postpone the show for a later date in the hopefully near future.”
As for other concerts this weekend, here is the latest, but you might want to check the venue website for updated info before heading out:
- A spokesperson for City Winery said the Friday night The Stranger: A Tribute to Billy Joel and Saturday's performance with Steve Earle and Kevn Kinney are both going on as planned. www.citywinery.com.
- The slate of shows at Eddie's Attic – Rust at 6 p.m. Saturday, American Young at 9 p.m. Saturday and EmiSunshine at 6 p.m. Sunday – are all scheduled to take place. www.eddiesattic.com.
- A recording at Terminal West said that the Saturday concert by The Marcus King Band was still on as of Friday afternoon. www.terminalwestatl.com.
- At Smith's Olde Bar, the Friday night Sam Holt show will go on as planned. www.smithsoldebar.com.
- Red Clay Foundry in Duluth has Callaghan's birthday show with guest Granville Automatic on the docket for Saturday. A representative at the venue said, "It should be going on as planned." www.eddieowenpresents.com.
About the Author
Credit: Fer Gregory/Shutterstock