A new high-profile project in Alpharetta is nearly 100 percent leased, with several restaurants on the roster.
Alpharetta City Center, a 26-acre mixed-use district , is adding six blocks to Alpharetta's downtown historic district, according to Cheri Morris, president of developer Morris & Fellows.
"We allowed no national tenants," Morris said in a press release. "...We have an outstanding cadre of talented local chefs that bring a true passion to their food and impressive creativity to their restaurant design.”
The restaurant area, known as The Gardens , features individual buildings scattered through three city blocks of parks and greenspace. Its 11 restaurants, all with outdoor dining patios, porches, rooftop or gardens, will open from June 2018 through March 2019.
- Restaurant Holmes, from chef Taylor Neary, previously of Marcel and St Cecelia, will open in June in the historic Jones House, which sits in The Shade Garden.
- Chiringa, by the team behind the popular Chiringo on Florida’s Highway 30A will open in August in one of the Town Green jewelboxes. The concept is based on “chiringuitas,” little open-air restaurants and bars on the beaches along the coast of Spain.
- Citizen Soul, the newest venture from Vin 25 owner Phillip Cooper , will open in The Shade Garden in September. The building design pays homage to Hard Bailey’s blacksmith shop that occupied the site at the end of the 19th century.
- SHADE Street Food and Bar by Mikka Orrick, co-owner of Ceviche, will occupy The Carriage House in on North Broad Street in the early fall.
- Never Enough Thyme, Michelle Doyle’s popular local bistro, is moving from its McGinnis Ferry location to The Mercantile Building on Main Street in early October.
- JINYA Ramen Bar, with locations in Buckhead and Sandy Springs, will complete The Shade Garden when it opens in October/November.
- Lapeer, a fine seafood restaurant and owner Louis Soon’s third concept in downtown Alpharetta (he also owns Butcher & Brew and South Main Kitchen), will open in November in The Meeting House with a patio overlooking Market Street Park.
- Highland Bakery, which offers an array of fresh bakery goods as well as Southern comfort food such as crab cake benedict and cornbread panzanella salad.
Morris reports that leases are also expected to be signed for the project's four other restaurant buildings, scheduled to open in October, December, February and March. Three well-known concepts are expanding, one each from Ponce City Market, Virginia Highlands and Las Vegas. The fourth restaurant is a new concept, envisioned specifically for its location on Market Street Park.
In addition, opening July through November of 2018 in the shop spaces known as The District portion of the development will be Kilwin's, which sells chocolates, caramels, toffee, ice cream and other confections and Vitality Bowls, which serves bowls, smoothies, juices, paninis, salads and soups.
Alpharetta City Center opened its new City Hall, a new Fulton County Library, the five-acre Brook Street Park, the one-acre Town Green, and the 445-car parking deck in January of 2015.