THE AJC ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS
Kelly Yamanouchi loves to travel and has covered airlines for about a decade. She has written for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution since 2008 and she spends much of her time learning everything there is to know about Hartsfield-Jackson, Delta, Southwest and AirTran. Here's Kelly's inside scoop on some Hartsfield-Jackson info.
• I'm hungry. Any restaurants of note? Fine dining is coming to the International Terminal. Get the story. You'll find lots of Atlanta-based restaurants at the airport, too. There's more concessions info here.
• I can't live without my cellphone/tablet/iPod. Any wi-fi access? Wi-fi is now free at Hartsfield-Jackson. Read more here.
• Does the airport have a cellphone waiting lot? Yes, it has one near the domestic Terminal South. More info here.
• Where are the rental cars? Take the "Skytrain" to the Rental Car Center, last stop.
• Where can I store my luggage? There is no luggage storage facility at Hartsfield-Jackson.
• Anything else I should know? Here's some good news: The airport is upgrading its escalators, elevators and moving walkways. More about that. Also, our AJC photojournalists have been chronicling the construction of the International Terminal and we're always adding new photo galleries for you to check out. Take a look at our airport photos here.
But wait! There's more. Here's a mega-list of handy links to help you handle any issues that could arise at Hartsfield-Jackson.
• Hartsfield-Jackson's site: www.atlanta-airport.com, posts security checkpoint wait times and offers Trak-a-Line and Trak-a-Flight. These services will e-mail you with security wait times and departure times. The Web site also has information on parking availability. There are two parking hotlines, 404-530-6725 and 1-877-285-7275. Plus, there is an airport map to help you navigate. Here's a look at the map for the Domestic Terminal and the International Terminal.
• Airport radio information: 830 AM.
• Customer service: 404-530-7300 (Atlanta area) and (800) 897-1910 (outside Atlanta)
This information is available through the airlines, the airport concierge or www.atlanta-airport.com.
• FlightStats: Flight Tracker: This handy tool tracks all airlines and all airports. You can also see airport delays nationwide.
• Delta Air Lines flight information: 1-800-221-1212; flight status also available at delta.com.
• Southwest Airlines information: 1-800-435-9792, southwest.com.
• Passenger airlines information for Hartsfield-Jackson: Includes domestic, regional, international - atlanta-airport.com/Passenger/Airlines/.
• State of Georgia: The state's site contains a page with links to all Georgia airports. Click this link and scroll to pages 4-5. (.PDF viewer required)
• QuickAID: QuickAID Airport information has details on nearly every airport in the country and many overseas. It is helpful if you have never been to a specific airport or city; it contains maps of the terminals and information on ground transportation, hotels and restaurants.
• Federal Aviation Administration safety hotline: 1-800-255-1111
• Air Traffic Control System Command Center: This Federal Aviation Administration Web site contains real-time airport status information for Hartsfield-Jackson International and airports across the country. General, rather than airline-specific departure and arrival delays are indicated, including nature of the delay, average duration and impacted cities.
• Wrap-a-Bag: There is no wrap-a-bag or luggage storage facility available at the Atlanta Airport.
• Luggage cart refunds: 1-800-328-9006, www.smartecarte.com.
• Lost and found: Atlanta Airlines Terminal Corp., 404-530-2100, Ext. 100, www.aatc.org. On the third floor of the atrium. Items left in the terminal area or passenger security screening areas. Call airlines for items left on planes.
• Banking: ATMs available in the atrium, North and South baggage claim areas and concourses A, B, C, D, E and T.
• Currency exchange: Travelex, in the atrium, 404-766-2700, and in the international terminal and Concourse E near Gate 26. 404-761-6331, www.travelex.com. 7:30 a.m.-10 p.m. daily.
• Interfaith Airport Chapel: 404-762-1051, www.airportchapel.org. All faiths. It is now located in the domestic atrium 3rd floor by the Atlanta Chophouse Brewery. There are also chapels on Concourse E at the top of the escalator on the right, and on Concourse F on the second floor.
• USO: 404-761-8061, www.uso.org. Provides services to military personnel and their families. On the third floor of the atrium. 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Sundays-Fridays; 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturdays.
• Medical care: Emergencies are handled by the Airport Fire and Rescue Department, 911 or 404-530-6639. There is no medical facility in the Atlanta Airport.
• Police precinct: 911 or 404-530-6630. In the North Terminal by the MARTA entrance.
• For claim forms, 1-866-289-9673, www.tsa.gov.
-- Also contributing: Lori Johnston for the AJC and Mandi Albright, AJC.com
• Does the airport have a cellphone waiting lot? Yes, it has one