It’s now or never if you want to vote Nov. 4 in Georgia. Monday is the state’s voter registration deadline. Your best bet if you want to register? Use the information below and register online. Rather fill out a paper application? Know that counties will keep processing applications after Monday as long as the initial form is postmarked by the deadline.
How to register or check voting status
Anyone can confirm his or her voter status online through the Georgia secretary of state’s website (www.sos.ga.gov). If you need to register to vote, there are several ways to do it:
- Log on to the Georgia secretary of state’s website and, under the elections tab, click “Register to Vote.”
- Download a voter registration application (http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/Elections/register_to_vote), complete it and then mail it in.
- Contact your local county elections office, public library, public assistance office, recruitment office, schools or other government offices for a mail-in registration form. A list can be found at http://sos.georgia.gov/cgi-bin/ countyregistrarsindex.asp.
- Check the “voter registration” box when you renew or apply for your driver’s license through the state Department of Driver Services.
- College students can obtain Georgia voter registration forms, or the necessary forms to register in any state in the U.S., from their school registrar’s office.
Use the “GA Votes” mobile apps to register or confirm your status. They can be downloaded free for both Apple and Android operating systems. Go to the iTunes app store for an iPhone or iPad, or Google Play for Android.