The Atlanta Falcons played the first official game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Aug. 26 during an NFL preseason game against Arizona.
The team’s former home, the Georgia Dome, was demolished on Nov. 20, 2017.
Mercedes-Benz Stadium will also be the home of Atlanta United, the city’s Major League Soccer team.
With a new stadium comes questions about what will and will not be allowed inside. For all public and ticketed events — including the College Football National Championship—, security practices will abide by the NFL Clear Bag policy.
The NFL strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, but each person — including children — is allowed one large, clear bag and a small clutch.
Atlanta United also strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bag and implements a clear bag policy for all home matches.
- bags and totes that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12”X6”X12”;
- one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar);
- small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
Note that exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at any gate. Diapers can be carried in a clear bag, as opposed to a traditional diaper bag.
Binoculars, cameras and smart phones are allowed as long as the item is not in its own bag.
Clear seat cushions and seat pads without pockets, zippers, compartments or covers are permitted. Blankets are allowed to be carried in.
The policy does not affect tailgating.
If a guest has an item that isn’t allowed in the stadium, four bag valet locations will be available for a fee near the entry gates.
- fanny packs;
- cinch bags;
- non-approved seat cushions, including large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers. You can have your cushion examined at the club guest services office;
- luggage of any kind;
- computer bags;
- camera bags;
- any bag larger than the permissible size purses larger than a clutch bag;
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be turned away from the stadium well before they reach the gates.