The Fulton County school district is now testing water in some schools for lead.
No Georgia law requires testing water for lead in schools or day care centers.
Fulton’s testing program is limited to 14 of the district’s more than 100 buildings.
Only buildings with plumbing systems or components installed before 1986 are being tested, district spokesperson Susan Hale said in a written statement.
The testing started last week and results are expected by the end of next week, Hale said.
Fulton County schools included in lead-testing program:
- Seaborn Lee Elementary School
- Mimosa Elementary School
- Mountain Park Elementary School
- Camp Creek Middle School
- Crabapple Middle School
- Haynes Bridge Middle School
- Holcomb Bridge Middle School
- Administrative Center
- Milton Center
- North Fulton Center (North Teaching Museum)
- North Maintenance
- Teaching Museum South
- Instructional Technology Center