Sun and clouds ahead of patchy rain

ATLANTA FORECAST

Today: Showers possible. High: 73

Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Low: 49

Tomorrow: Slight severe storm risk. High: 75

» For a detailed forecast, visit The Atlanta Journal-Constitution weather page.

The fog has lifted, and only a mix of sun and clouds remains.

But patchy rain is in the forecast, according to Channel 2 Action News.


There is a 20 percent chance of showers today, but the heavy downpours are forecast for Wednesday, when there is a 80 percent rain chance.

In fact, the metro area faces a slight risk of severe storms Wednesday that could bring damaging winds and tornadoes, according to Channel 2. 

“The greatest risk for severe weather Wednesday will be NW of metro Atlanta, with [a] slight risk in the metro area,” Channel 2 meteorologist Brad Nitz said in a tweet.


Current temperatures are 69 degrees in Atlanta, 57 in Blairsville and 65 in Griffin.

Despite the warm weather, Tuesday’s count is 34 particles of pollen per cubic meter of air, according to Atlanta Allergy and Asthma. 

That’s far short of last year’s season high of 4,107 particles of pollen per cubic meter of air.

RELATED: Metro Atlanta pollen count and allergy index


In other news:

Anthony Walters said he was brutally beaten by an Atlanta police officer while leaving a midtown bar.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.