1. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan didn't waste any time attacking the Bills' depleted secondary. His first throw of the day was a 42-yard touchdown pass to Roddy White, who was being covered by Bills backup cornerback Reggie Corner. The Bills were without two of their top pass defenders. Cornerback Terrence McGee and free safety Jarius Byrd were placed on injured reserve last week. Corner was subbing for McGee, the Bills' top cover corner, who was lost for the season due to shoulder injury against New England last week. Byrd, who was leading the league in interceptions with nine, sustained a torn labrum in his hip. They were the 17th and 18th Buffalo players placed on injured reserve this season. Ryan completed 18 of 35 passes for 250 yards and three touchdowns and did not throw an interception. The Bills entered the game with a league-high 26 interceptions. Ryan completed passes to six different receivers.
2. The Falcons defense kept the Bills running backs, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, under control. Jackson was held to 39 yards on 13 carries while Lynch had three carries for 3 yards. The Falcons have allowed just one running back – New England's Fred Taylor – to rush for more than 100 yards. The Bills hoped to lean heavily on Jackson and Lynch, who had run for a combined 1,258 yards entering Sunday's game. The Falcons defense has held five of it last six opponents to less than 100 yards rushing. The Bills could only muster 40 yards rushing on 18 carries.
3. Since Michael Turner went down on Nov. 15 with a high right ankle sprain, the Falcons running attack has been sputtering. But against the Bills, the team was able to eclipse the 100-yard mark for the first time in six games. Jason Snelling led the way with 68 yards on 15 carries. Jerious Norwood added 52 yards on 13 carries. Overall, the Falcons finished with 157 yards rushing on 37 carries. It was their fourth highest rushing total of the season.
By the numbers
• 37: Wide receiver Marty Booker caught his 37th career touchdown in the third quarter to put the Falcons ahead 17-0.
• 18: Roddy White had 100 yards receiving for the 18th time in his career.
• 103.3: Matt Ryan's quarterback rating.
• 2: The Falcons secondary came up with two interceptions, cornerbacks Brent Grimes and Christopher Owens taking one each. Grimes leads the team with five interceptions.
• 6: The number of receivers who caught passes from quarterback Matt Ryan.
• 9: Cornerback Brent Grimes led the team in tackles.
• Cornerback Christopher Owens made his first career interception with 7:43 left in the second quarter. He was in coverage against Terrell Owens.
• Wide receiver Roddy White's 42-yard touchdown reception was the 44th career reception of at least 25 yards, which ranks second in franchise history by Terence Mathis' 49 receptions.
• Former Falcons Corey McIntyre started at fullback for the Bills.
• Tight end Tony Gonzalez suffered a right calf injury in the second quarter. He did not return to the game.
• Punter Michael Koenen suffered a head injury in the third quarter. He did not return to the game.
• Kicker Matt Bryant suffered a hamstring injury in the third quarter. He did not return to the game.
• Left tackle Sam Baker suffered a hamstring injury. He did not return to the game.