Here are five things we learned at Falcons' practice on Monday:
1. Freeman's back. Running back Devonta Freeman returned to practice and worked in individual drills. After practice, he went inside for his position group meeting. He appeared fine and was working at full speed in drills. He's been in the league's concussion protocol program since Aug. 13.
2. Kazee with the trainers. Rookie free safety Damontae Kazee (ankle injury) was working off to the side with the trainers. He's trying to make it back after missing the recent exhibition game against the Cardinals.
3. Deep ball. The cornerbacks have given up too many deep passes over their heads this exhibition season, including a 99-yarder against the Dolphins. C.J. Goodwin and Janor Jones let speedy Cardinals receiver John Brown get on top of them in the loss on Saturday. The defensive backs spent most of their individual period working on defending the deep ball.
4. Goodwin with first team. The Falcons received some extra work from Goodwin at left cornerback with the first-team defense. Goodwin appears to be leading the battle to replace Jalen Collins as the fourth cornerback.
5. Meyer had bad day. Kicker Mike Meyer, who made a 53-yard field goal against the Dolphins, struggled. He missed four field goals, including three from 50 yards or more.
ATLANTA FALCONS 2017 EXHIBITION SEASON
GAME THREE: CARDINALS 24, FALCONS 14
GAME TWO: STEELERS 17, FALCONS 13
GAME ONE: DOLPHINS 23, FALCONS 20