The Wisconsin recruiting class for 2018 had a busy summer picking up commit after commit to put together a strong commitment class going into the high school and college season.
Below, find information and updates for Wisconsin’s 2018 recruiting class:
Where the Wisconsin recruiting class ranks
Wisconsin’s 2018 recruiting class is ranked No. 32 nationally and No. 5 in the Big Ten, according to 247 Sports. Of the Badgers’ 18 commits, 17 are 3 stars. There is one 4-star commit, LB Jack Sanborn, from Lake Zurich, Ill.
Latest news for Wisconsin recruiting
The Badgers picked up nine commitments in June and July combined, bringing their total to, at the time, 19 for 2018. Wisconsin had a very busy stretch in early July, picking up commitments from Travian Blaylock, Isaac Guerendo and Bryson Williams in a matter of days. Guerendo had a huge Week 1 last week. He had 6 catches for 176 yards and 2 touchdowns as Avon beat Plainfield, 58-32.
But on Monday, Aug. 21, target Marquis Williams (3-star DB from Florida), committed to Pittsburgh over Wisconsin.
Wisconsin 2018 offers by the numbers
- Reported offers: 209
- 5-star offers: 8
- 4-star offers: 83
- In-state recruits offered: 7
- Florida recruits offered: 56
- Texas recruits offered: 17
- Ohio recruits offered: 15
- Georgia recruits offered: 13
- Michigan recruits offered: 12
Wisconsin recruiting: Football commits for 2018
Note: Stars are from 247 Sports’ composite ranking.
- ILB Jack Sanborn, 4 stars, Lake Zurich (Ill.)
- ATH Aron Cruickshank, 3 stars, Brooklyn (N.Y.)
- S Reggie Pearson Jr., 3 stars, River Rouge (Mich.)
- WDE Cormac Sampson, 3 stars, Eau Claire (Wis.)
- SDE Boyd Dietzen, 3 stars, Kimberly (Wis.)
- DL Isaiah Mullens, 3 stars, Columbus (Ohio)
- OT Michael Furtney, 3 stars, Milan (Mich.)
- CB Travian Blaylock, 3 stars, Humble (Texas)
- ATH Jaylan Franklin, 3 stars, Rockwood (Mich.)
- RB Nakia Watson, 3 stars, Austin (Texas)
- DT Bryson Williams, 3 stars, Lincoln (Neb.)
- QB Chase Wolf, 3 stars, Cincinnati (Ohio)
- WR Taj Mustapha, 3 stars, West Bloomfield (Mich.)
- OLB Mason Platter, 3 stars, Menomonie (Wis.)
- ILB CJ Goetz, 3 stars, Waukesha (Wis.)
- CB Alexander Smith, 3 stars, Culver City (Calif.)
- WR Isaac Guerendo, 3 stars, Avon (Ind.)
- WR AJ Abbott, 3 stars, West Bloomfield (Mich.)
Top uncommitted Wisconsin recruiting target
OT Jackson Carman, 5 stars, Fairfield (Ohio)
The Badgers aren’t expected to be the landing spot for Carman, but they are in his top 5. The 6-foot-6, 330-pound senior plans on visiting Wisconsin. He also expects to visit Florida State, USC, Clemson and Ohio State. The Buckeyes are the favorite.
Wisconsin recruiting commitment position breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commitments at each position.
- DL: 4 (Dietzen, Mullens, Sampson, Williams)
- DB: 3 (Blaylock, Pearson, Smith)
- WR: 3 (Abbott, Guerendo, Mustapha)
- LB: 3 (Goetz, Platter, Sanborn)
- ATH: 2 (Cruickshank, Franklin)
- OL: 1 (Furtney)
- RB: 1 (Watson)
- QB: 1 (Wolf)
Geographical breakdown of Wisconsin football commits
- Michigan: 5 (Abbott, Franklin, Furtney, Mustapha, Pearson)
- Wisconsin: 4 (Dietzen, Goetz, Platter, Sampson)
- Ohio: 2 (Mullens, Wolf)
- Texas: 2 (Blaylock, Watson)
- Illinois: 1 (Sanborn)
- New York: 1 (Cruickshank)
- Nebraska: 1 (Williams)
- California: 1 (Smith)
- Indiana: 1 (Guerendo)
The post Wisconsin recruiting: Latest updates on Badgers’ 2018 football class appeared first on Land of 10.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.