Wisconsin’s recruiting exactly where it usually is for the Class of 2018. That’s to say, the Badgers are in the middle of the pack, and it probably doesn’t matter.
After unearthing gems like freshman RB Jonathan Taylor and sophomore QB Alex Hornibrook, the Badgers are doing their thing: Recruiting some beefy midwestern linemen and surrounding them with underrecruited skill players.
Find the latest Wisconsin football recruiting news, plus a list of commits and targets, right here.
Where Wisconsin fooball’s recruiting class ranks
Wisconsin’s 2018 recruiting class is ranked No. 35 nationally and No. 6 in the Big Ten, according to 247 Sports. Of the Badgers’ 19 commits, 17 are 3-stars prospects. Wisconsin has one 4-star commit: LB Jack Sanborn, from Lake Zurich, Ill.
Latest news for Wisconsin recruiting
Wisconsin offered 2019 WR Ty DeArman. The Badgers don’t have a commit yet, but have offered 17 players at the position.
The Badgers landed a 2020 recruit in OT Jack Nelson. He spoke to Land of 10 about his decision here.
Wisconsin commit Reggie Pearson Jr. will be enrolling early.
The Badgers picked up nine commitments in June and July combined. Donte Burton is their only commit since then, though that’s par for the course around college football. The pace of commitments slowed once the season started.
Wisconsin 2018 offers by the numbers
- Reported offers: 209
- 5-star offers: 9
- 4-star offers: 81
- In-state recruits offered: 7
- Florida recruits offered: 55
- Texas recruits offered: 18
- Ohio recruits offered: 15
- Georgia recruits offered: 13
- Michigan recruits offered: 12
Wisconsin recruiting: Football commits for 2018
Note: Stars are from 247 Sports’ composite ranking.
- ILB Jack Sanborn, 4 stars, Lake Zurich (Ill.)
- ATH Aron Cruickshank, 3 stars, Brooklyn (N.Y.)
- S Reggie Pearson Jr., 3 stars, River Rouge (Mich.)
- WDE Cormac Sampson, 3 stars, Eau Claire (Wis.)
- SDE Boyd Dietzen, 3 stars, Kimberly (Wis.)
- DL Isaiah Mullens, 3 stars, Columbus (Ohio)
- OT Michael Furtney, 3 stars, Milan (Mich.)
- CB Travian Blaylock, 3 stars, Humble (Texas)
- ATH Jaylan Franklin, 3 stars, Rockwood (Mich.)
- RB Nakia Watson, 3 stars, Austin (Texas)
- DT Bryson Williams, 3 stars, Lincoln (Neb.)
- QB Chase Wolf, 3 stars, Cincinnati (Ohio)
- WR Taj Mustapha, 3 stars, West Bloomfield (Mich.)
- OLB Mason Platter, 3 stars, Menomonie (Wis.)
- ILB CJ Goetz, 3 stars, Waukesha (Wis.)
- CB Alexander Smith, 3 stars, Culver City (Calif.)
- WR Isaac Guerendo, 3 stars, Avon (Ind.)
- WR AJ Abbott, 3 stars, West Bloomfield (Mich.)
Wisconsin recruiting commitment position breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commitments at each position.
- DL: 4 (Dietzen, Mullens, Sampson, Williams)
- DB: 3 (Blaylock, Pearson, Smith)
- WR: 3 (Abbott, Guerendo, Mustapha)
- LB: 3 (Goetz, Platter, Sanborn)
- ATH: 2 (Cruickshank, Franklin)
- OL: 1 (Furtney)
- RB: 1 (Watson)
- QB: 1 (Wolf)
Geographical breakdown of Wisconsin football commits
- Michigan: 5 (Abbott, Franklin, Furtney, Mustapha, Pearson)
- Wisconsin: 4 (Dietzen, Goetz, Platter, Sampson)
- Ohio: 2 (Mullens, Wolf)
- Texas: 2 (Blaylock, Watson)
- Illinois: 1 (Sanborn)
- New York: 1 (Cruickshank)
- Nebraska: 1 (Williams)
- California: 1 (Smith)
- Indiana: 1 (Guerendo)
The post Wisconsin football recruiting: Latest updates on Badgers’ 2018 class appeared first on Land of 10.