The Week 11 SEC teleconference took place on Wednesday. All 14 of the league’s head coaches made a 10-minute appearance to dish on their team in the final days of preparation for their upcoming opponents.
Here’s a look at the highlights from each coach’s appearance on the SEC teleconference on Wednesday, Nov. 8:
Ed Orgeron, LSU:
- On upcoming matchup with Arkansas: “We have a lot of respect for Arkansas, I have a lot of respect for Bret Bielema and the type of coach he is, a very physical coach. … We’re going to be ready to go.”
- On bouncing back since Troy loss: “We dug deep and we looked at what we were doing at practice, the intensity level. … We got better at running the football, we got better at defending the run on defense.”
- Coming off loss to Alabama: “We learned that the physicality of our team is not far from Alabama, and in fact, in some instances, we matched them toe-to-toe. … They did a better job of throwing the football on us than we expected. … It took a lot out of us, but I think the guys bounced back yesterday with a very good practice.”
- On QB situation: “Myles [Brennan] has not beaten him out. Danny is our quarterback. … Danny has done a lot of good things for our program and we believe in him.” Added that if Brennan came in and beat out Etling, it could be a different story.
- On Arkansas’ QB situation: “We’re preparing for both. They’re different. Obviously, Austin Allen has won a lot of games for them. … We’ve got a game plan for one and a game plan for the other one, and whichever one shows up, we’re going to execute that game plan.”
- More on Arkansas: “Be able to stop their run game, they have a tremendous screen game, a tremendous play-action game. … We struggled in coverage against Alabama, we’re going to have to be stronger than that.”
- On style of game: “That’s LSU-Arkansas — pound, pound, pound. … It’s going to be good, old-fashioned, SEC, pound them up.”
Kirby Smart, Georgia:
Randy Shannon, Florida:
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt:
Nick Saban, Alabama:
Butch Jones, Tennessee:
Bret Bielema, Arkansas:
Barry Odom, Missouri:
Matt Luke, Ole Miss:
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M:
Mark Stoops, Kentucky:
Dan Mullen, Mississippi State:
Will Muschamp, South Carolina:
Gus Malzahn, Auburn:
Check back throughout the teleconference for live updates.
The post What all 14 SEC coaches said during the Week 11 SEC teleconference appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.