The Week 11 SEC teleconference took place on Wednesday. All 14 of the league’s head coaches made a 10-minute appearance to dish on their team in the final days of preparation for their upcoming opponents.
Here’s a look at the highlights from each coach’s appearance on the SEC teleconference on Wednesday, Nov. 8:
Ed Orgeron, LSU:
- On upcoming matchup with Arkansas: “We have a lot of respect for Arkansas, I have a lot of respect for Bret Bielema and the type of coach he is, a very physical coach. … We’re going to be ready to go.”
- On bouncing back since Troy loss: “We dug deep and we looked at what we were doing at practice, the intensity level. … We got better at running the football, we got better at defending the run on defense.”
- Coming off loss to Alabama: “We learned that the physicality of our team is not far from Alabama, and in fact, in some instances, we matched them toe-to-toe. … They did a better job of throwing the football on us than we expected. … It took a lot out of us, but I think the guys bounced back yesterday with a very good practice.”
- On QB situation: “Myles [Brennan] has not beaten him out. Danny is our quarterback. … Danny has done a lot of good things for our program and we believe in him.” Added that if Brennan came in and beat out Etling, it could be a different story.
- On Arkansas’ QB situation: “We’re preparing for both. They’re different. Obviously, Austin Allen has won a lot of games for them. … We’ve got a game plan for one and a game plan for the other one, and whichever one shows up, we’re going to execute that game plan.”
- More on Arkansas: “Be able to stop their run game, they have a tremendous screen game, a tremendous play-action game. … We struggled in coverage against Alabama, we’re going to have to be stronger than that.”
- On style of game: “That’s LSU-Arkansas — pound, pound, pound. … It’s going to be good, old-fashioned, SEC, pound them up.”
Kirby Smart, Georgia:
Randy Shannon, Florida:
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt:
Nick Saban, Alabama:
Butch Jones, Tennessee:
Bret Bielema, Arkansas:
Barry Odom, Missouri:
Matt Luke, Ole Miss:
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M:
Mark Stoops, Kentucky:
Dan Mullen, Mississippi State:
Will Muschamp, South Carolina:
Gus Malzahn, Auburn:
Check back throughout the teleconference for live updates.
The post What all 14 SEC coaches said during the Week 11 SEC teleconference appeared first on SEC Country.