COLUMBIA, Mo. — Time might be running out on the Butch Jones era at Tennessee, with an uptight fanbase and a disappointing 4-5 record for the Vols.
Speculation has swirled over Jones’ job security since Tennessee’s 41-0 shutout loss to No. 2-ranked Georgia, and the mood worsened as the Vols went on to lose four in a row before beating Southern Miss last Saturday.
Tennessee players continue to battle for the right to go to a bowl game. That would take two more wins to get it done, and tonight’s game at Missouri is the first opportunity.
Jones has said redshirt freshman quarterback Jarrett Guarantano will be a “game-time decision,” and that means true freshman Will McBride could be in line for his first career start.
McBride was fourth-string entering last spring.
But then the transfer of Sheriron Jones, the shoulder surgery of Quinten Dormady and then Guarantano’s ankle injury last Saturday opened the door for McBride to play.
Tennessee football at Missouri, game time
- Time: 7:30 ET
- Date: Saturday, Nov. 11
- Location: Faurot Field, Columbia, Mo.
Channel for Tennessee football at Missouri?
The SEC Network is televising the football game between Tennessee and Southern Miss.
How can I watch Tennessee football at Missouri?
Fans can go to WatchESPN.com for a live stream of the Tennessee-Southern Miss game.
How to listen to Tennessee football at Missouri on radio
You can listen to the Tennessee broadcast on the Vol Network, with Bob Kesling and Tim Priest on the call. The Vols-Tigers football game also is on satellite radio, Sirius Channel 157 and XM Channel 191.
Who is calling Tennessee-Missouri for the SEC Network?
Tom Hart will handle play-by-play duties, and Jordan Rodgers will provide analysis for the Tennessee-Southern Miss football game.
What you need to know about Tennessee-Missouri
• Tennessee true freshman Trey Smith has been nominated for All-American and All-SEC honors. Smith is the first true freshman to start at left tackle for a Vols’ team in at least 30 years.
• Punter Trevor Daniel ranks second in the SEC and fourth in the nation with a punting average of 47.3 yards. The school’s single-season record is 46.9, set by Jimmy Colquitt in 1982.
• The Vols’ offense started five freshman in the 24-10 win over Southern Miss: QB Jarrett Guarantano, WR Josh Palmer, LT Trey Smith, RG Ryan Johnson and RT Davonte Brooks.
• DB Rashaan Gaulden has forced three fumbles this season — tied for 7th most in the nation.
• Tennessee is 9-1 in its past 10 games in November and 12-3 in its last 15.
• The Vols trail the all-time series with Missouri 3-2, but Tennessee has won the past two meetings, including a 19-8 win in its last trip to Faurot Field.
The post Tennessee-Missouri football: Time, TV channel, watch online Week 11 (November 11, 2017) appeared first on SEC Country.