KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee will travel to Missouri Saturday and take on one the best passing attacks in the country.
Tennessee has the fourth-best passing defense in the country, allowing only 150 yards per game. This is in part due to the success teams have had running the football against the Vols, though. The Vols give up 237 yards on the ground.
Coach Buch Jones addressed the media for the final time before the trip.
Below, we’ve got a roundup of news and notes from his press conference.
- Injury update: Everything is the same since Monday. Drew Richmond and Brett Kendrick are questionable. Jarrett Guarantano is probable.
- On pass defense: We will be extremely tested Saturday night. They are a very good football team. We are going to have to play our most complete football game as a defense.
- On Marquez Callaway: Hasn’t really changed. Listed as questionable.
- On Shy Tuttle: It is really remarkable. Has been through two severe injuries. I think he’s going to do nothing but continue to improve. It’s a tribute to his hard work and determination.
- On Will McBride: It’s hard to explain. Some individuals have ‘it.’ He has ‘it.’ He does not get his blood pressure up. He is very calm and collected. He is a good people person.
The post Tennessee football live blog: Butch Jones press conference appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.