Coach Will Muschamp spoke with reporters on Sunday night during his weekly teleconference, to update the latest South Carolina football news.
First and foremost, there were no significant injuries from the game against North Carolina State. Muschamp also said:
- “After watching the film, our guys played extremely hard in the game, very clean game. We had a couple of issues on special teams, but nothing earth-shattering, as far as the operation was concerned.”
- “We had a great crowd and certainly the Belk Bowl people did a nice job of hosting us in Charlotte.”
- Hayden Hurst and Deebo Samuel were the players of the game on the offensive side of the ball.
- Alan Knott and Donell Stanley both played extremely well. The offensive line gave up three negative run plays, which Muschamp said was “outstanding.”
- Defensively, the players of the game were linebackers T.J. Brunson and Buck D.J. Wonnum, both of whom played over 90 snaps.
- Defensive end Dante Sawyer, defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth and defensive lineman Keir Thomas did some “really nice things”
- Muschamp named several guys who were credited for helping in the ballhawk category, including safety D.J. Smith, linebacker Skai Moore, defensive back Jamyest Williams and Sawyer. “We had some really good attempts on the football, as far as those things were concerned,” Muschamp said.
- Running back A.J. Turner was the special teams player of the week. He played 19 snaps and was strong in coverage.
- Muschamp complimented strength and conditioning coordinator Jeff Dillman, because the defensive players weren’t gassed, even though they didn’t play a lot of guys over the 99 snaps.
The post South Carolina football: What Will Muschamp said on Sunday appeared first on SEC Country.